There are many ways that you, your family, your business, and your parish can help us here at the Hermitage of Saint Cornelius the Centurion. As far as we are concerned, help must begin by praying for one another. We ask that you pray for us. Likewise, our prayer list is always open to adding your requests. Please send us any requests for living and departed Orthodox, as well as living and departed non-Orthodox.
“To pray is to love, and to love is to pray.” — Hieromonk Joshua
We also humbly request some practical help. We monks are in need of:
- Financial gifts, no matter how humble or large. We accept gifts of cash, real estate, IRA allocations, bequests through one’s will, Charitable Remainder trusts, etc.. Please designate your gift to the hermitage as for (1) construction, or (2) our endowment.
- Specific gifts-in-kind; please contact the hermitage for a current list of items to donate.
- Recycled construction materials. We will salvage commodities such as bagged cement, rebar, lumber, plumbing fixtures, clay for making high-quality adobe blocks, etc.. We also need recycled brick; if you are taking down a brick building and are within a 100-mile radius of Belen, NM, please let us come and salvage your unwanted bricks.
- Physical labor and construction work. We are open to receiving manual help from parish groups, youth groups, families, and individuals. If you have an RV and can stay for an extended time, you may park near the hermitage and connect for water and electricity. If you are a man with contracting and/or construction experience, you are welcome to stay here in our hermitage and guide our work. All who help are invited to join us in our Liturgical life.
- Intercessions and networking on behalf of our sacred hermitage. We sincerely appreciate anything that you can do to spread the word.
Please help us to sustain this holy place in the high desert. All contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law.